On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 19:37:23 GMT, Jorn Vernee <jver...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I've massaged the parsing code to where the help message now looks like this:

It is better but it might mean looking at HelpFormatter as you mentioned,.
Right now the usage message `--add-modules <String>` whereas the java --help
will print `--add-modules <module name>[,<module name>...]` and javac --help
will print `--add-modules <module>(,<module>)*`.

Not super important for now, I think the main thing with this PR is getting
agreement to add a tool with a short shelf life. It's clear there is a longer
term story here to have one tool to do static analysis and replace (or front)
`jdeps`, `jdeprscan` and this the new tool here.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19774#issuecomment-2182708610