On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 21:12:36 GMT, fabioromano1 <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I have implemented the Zimmermann's square root algorithm, available in
>> works [here](https://inria.hal.science/inria-00072854/en/) and
>> [here](https://www.researchgate.net/publication/220532560_A_proof_of_GMP_square_root).
>>
>> The algorithm is proved to be asymptotically faster than the Newton's
>> Method, even for small numbers. To get an idea of how much the Newton's
>> Method is slow,  consult my article
>> [here](https://arxiv.org/abs/2406.07751), in which I compare Newton's Method
>> with a version of classical square root algorithm that I implemented. After
>> implementing Zimmermann's algorithm, it turns out that it is faster than my
>> algorithm even for small numbers.
>
> fabioromano1 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Removed unused import

Thanks for contributing to the OpenJDK!
What tests did you run for this change? How did you compare the performance of
the new vs the original method? How can we reproduce the results?

Please add a JMH benchmark for your changes. JMH benchmarks are the standard
method of evaluating performance improvements.

Changes requested by djelinski (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19710#pullrequestreview-2134108121