Can I please get a review of this change which proposes to improve the error 
message when a JAR file with no manifest is used to launch a java application 
using `java -jar <jarfile>` command? This addresses 
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392966.

With the changes in this PR, for a JAR without a manifest file, if it is 
launched using `java -jar foo.jar` command then the error message will now say:

> Error: No manifest in JAR file foo.jar

An existing jtreg test has been converted to junit and a new test method has 
been introduced to verify this change. tier1, tier2 and tier3 continue to pass 
after this change.



---------
- [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

-------------

Commit messages:
 - remove incorrect comment about localization of error messages
 - update test
 - 8392966: Improve error message for executable JAR file

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33064/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=33064&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392966
  Stats: 161 lines in 4 files changed: 55 ins; 26 del; 80 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33064.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/33064/head:pull/33064

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33064

Reply via email to