Simplify the system TimeZone retrieval.

The new code behaves just as before in the most common case where 
`GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation` returns a known `TimeZoneKeyName`, and reduces 
the amount of second-guessing when the time zone is not known.

Method `getGMTOffsetID` was not modified. It is only used as a fallback when 
`findJavaTZ_md` fails, and while it doesn't look great, it's probably better 
than most of the alternatives.

I verified that:
- the `TimeZoneKeyName` contains non-localized values and is usable on both 
English and non-English systems,
- tier1 and tier2 tests continue to pass
- java/time tests continue to pass when the fallback paths are taken 
(`findJavaTZ_md` returns a `customZoneName` or a `NULL`)

---------
- [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

-------------

Commit messages:
 - Clean up TimeZone_md

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33052/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=33052&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8392957
  Stats: 332 lines in 1 file changed: 17 ins; 305 del; 10 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33052.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/33052/head:pull/33052

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33052

Reply via email to