> On Jan 5, 2016, at 12:53 AM, Ezio Melotti <ezio.melo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Or is there some prepackaged service that
>> we can use that will keep track of this which would cause us to not use
>> Roundup (which might be easier, but depending on the service require
>> everyone to re-sign)? There's also the issue of supporting people who want
>> to submit code by uploading a patch to bugs.python.org but not use GitHub.
>> Either way I don't want to have to ask everyone who submits a PR what their
>> bugs.python.org username is and then go check that manually.
>>

> This also brings up another problem.
> Since the discussion about an issue happens on b.p.o and the PRs are
> submitted on GitHub, this means that:
> 1) users with only a GitHub account have to create a b.p.o account if
> they want to comment on the issue (exclusing review comments);
> 2) users with only a b.p.o account have to create a GitHub account if
> they want to review a PR;
> 3) users with both can comment on b.p.o and review on GitHub, but they
> might need to login twice.
>
> It would be better if users didn't need to create and use two separate
> accounts.

Can we allow (not mandate) login to b.p.o with a GitHub account? That should
solve #1 and should sort of solve #3 as well. Ideally it’d allow you to
associate a Github account with an existing b.p.o account (and doing so should
also automatically create an association that X on b.p.o is Y on Github).