On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 17:50:53 +0000, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
> If people are that worried, we could do a daily dump of the data. But
> unless we can have all GitHub-related comments to an issue not trigger an
> email update I don't think that's feasible as it would mean two emails for
> every PR comment; one from GitHub and one from b.p.o.

We can fairly easily have all github-originated comments not trigger an
email to the nosy list.  We'd just need to add a check for the
originating email address to the nosy reaction detector.  Even nicer
would be to make it a per-user setting (I'd rather get the emails from
b.p.o. and disable them on github, myself), but that would be a bit more
work.

It would be nice to have *all* of the discussion in one place.

--David