On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Ezio Melotti <ezio.melo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The goal is to generate at least 1 message/email if a review (possibly
> comprising several comments) is posted.
> If there are no new comments, nothing is posted, but if there are new
> comments, a new message will be posted at some point.
> We just need to find a compromise between delay and number of messages
> (and that's something we can figure out later with a bit of trial and
> error).
> Checking daily might result in hours of delay, but no more than one
> daily message.
> Checking hourly has less delay, but it might result in more messages.
> We can also try to do something smarter by checking e.g. every 15
> minutes and posting the message only if no new messages have been
> added in the last 15 minutes (so the reviewer has likely finished
> commenting).

I think this still will create too much noise. I'd prefer not to see
comments like "this needs to be tested", "needs versionadded", "please
don't change function signature" etc. in issues. I like following
Windows and IDLE issues, but I'm not really interested seeing review
comments about them, for example. Wouldn't a new pull request field in
the issue detail page be enough to link pull requests? Django uses a
similar solution to this: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/25995
(see "Pull Requests: 5928 build:success") We could show total number
of comments too.