On Feb 1, 2017, at 16:35, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 at 12:23 Ned Deily <n...@python.org> wrote:
>> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. Are we planning to alter existing
>> commit messages as part of the hg to fit transition?
> No, we are not mucking with the history as part of the transition.

Sorry, I don't mean to resurrect any old discussions that I've forgotten about
here but, just to be clear, that means that we will no longer be able to click
through from the web pages of the tens of thousands of old commits back to
their corresponding bug web pages as we can do today?

For example, https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/aa7ac93d23b2 (eventually) links
back to https://bugs.python.org/issue20185 (at least it should if the SSL
certificate weren't expired today), whereas the corresponding git commit
(https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/9f889393ab0362229c42bc31056f3ef9735a1d27)
 does not and will not provide a link back?  That's ... unfortunate.

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []