On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:32 PM Patrick Georgi <pgeo...@google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:23:06PM +0300, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
> > Is everything still under non-disclosure about those made
> > compromises, or is someone willing to reveal in public what we should
> > expect this time?
> I don't know timelines, decisions made or agreements under which these were
> made (e.g. NDAs).
>
> I'll point out the thread to people who may know more, but I can't promise a
> response given that I don't know the constraints.

Sometimes it is not that I didn't know who to ask, but that I receive
partial answers in private email exchange. Since they know I am not
under their NDA, any information they give me in private emails should
equally be available to other developers. And yes, it's not really my
problem if they are breaching or bending their NDA, it's theirs. I
read several paragraphs about this vboot/verstage running on PSP and
all that should have just appeared under Documentation/ instead.

Regarding this thread; at least the question about toolchain remains
without an answer. If we go back to early amd/stoneyridge, the first
iteration wanted to call (unverified but possibly read-only) AGESA
blob from within bootblock, before verstage. I believe the approach
was vetoed and rejected by some security advisory team at Chromium,
invalidating perhaps a couple month's worth of development work? We
are dealing with verstage here again, I want confirmations that the
compromises get evaluated before we put more effort on attempts to
merge the work.

Kind Regards,
Kyösti Mälkki