> What about following proposal:
> coreboot is an extended firmware platform that delivers a lightning
> fast and secure boot experience on modern computers and embedded
> systems. As an Open Source project it aims to provide auditability and
> maximum control over technology; On some platforms (especially
> non-open ISA platforms), some boot functionalities are provided by
> Silicon Vendor binary blobs.

This is too wordy and full of jargon, and confuses goals.

it was never about the speed. The speed was a nice side effect, but ti
was really about the openness. Once you start talking about speed you
lose the thread -- we had this problem all the time in 2000: vendors
got focused on fast and missed the main point, that we wanted control.

Remember that many people come to coreboot thinking they're going to
load a usb stick up and install it somehow. Few people have any clue
what's going on here.

You need fewer adjectives, and simpler words.

ron