----- Original Message -----
> From: "ron minnich" <rminn...@gmail.com>
> To: "Timothy Pearson" <tpear...@raptorengineering.com>

Apologies, but I'm a bit confused -- just a bit earlier it sounded like the
open / control aspects were now secondary to market share and vendor
contribution concerns.  Did I pick up the wrong impression?

If coreboot is indeed supposed to be focusing on those two attributes, this
text needs to be completely rewritten to clearly show where the limits are on
modern x86 platforms.  No more molly-coddling the ME/PSP, it needs to be very
clear where coreboot is locked out by vendor dictate and (as a result) what
coreboot cannot fix without a change of direction from the silicon vendors.

"coreboot is an open firmware platform with its primary goal as a fully owner
controlled, secure boot experience.  For open ISA and other owner controlled
systems, it currently provides an auditable, secure boot environment for
silicon vendors, large organizations, and individual developers.  For
restricted systems, such as modern x86 platforms, it provides a compatible end
stage loader and firmware module framework for proprietary vendor binaries.".

This might be a bit strongly worded, but you can see where I'm trying to go
with it?

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering, LLC