Interesting discussion! It got me to wondering, having spent a lot of
time in the V1, V2, and V3 trees the last few months.

Is this statement true?
"There is no source so bad that a binary blob is better"

If we take that to be true, then what about this:
"bad source should never be replaced by a blob, but only by better source"

From there:
"we must never remove source that is in use if the only replacement is a blob"

Would that help guide the decision on AGESA? Or is it just more bikeshedding :-)

I personally find the AgEsA cOdE quite UgLy, but ... it's code. I
wonder if it can't be fixed with a few
initial spatch passes. We kept it relatively the same when AMD was a
player in coreboot, but they're long
gone; time for major surgery?

I don't think we want to say "ugly code, nuke it" unless there is
replacement that is code.

ron