Already there are binaries FSP, AGESA, PSP being used in Coreboot and because
of IP and licensing issues everything cannot be open sourced.   The uGOP is
just a stripped down version of GOP that is already inside FSP. This is the
fastest method for this specific product and hence we are asking for a waiver
to the closed source binary rule (by the way where is this stated in
coreboot.org?).
We will also work closely with our other open source Linux graphics team to see
how we can leverage common code for future Silicon.
Hannah