A small TOEFL test for you.

I'll try to put up more tests later at http://plainenglish.alldiscussion.net
Tell me if you would like some more of these gap texts.
Good luck all! :)

/EnglishPeter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose the correct word (s) to complete each sentence.
1. Hi, Sue. .................... a good time?
A. Do you have B. Are you having C. You are having D. You have

2. .................... the question?
A. Do you understand B. You understand
C. Are you understanding

3. I'm sorry I .................... able to come to the meeting. I had another
commitment.
A. didn't be B. wasn't C. was

4. Libby took another biscuit while her mother .................... .
A. wasn't looking B. hadn't looked C. didn't look

5. Tom can't write. .................... his arm.
A. He's broken B. He broke C. He was breaking

6. It's only the second time she .................... a horse. She's very good 
at
it.
A. rode B. rides C. has ridden

7. a: "Mmm. Something smells good."
b: "I .................... cakes all morning."
A. 've made B. 'm making C. 've been making

8. When is the rain going to stop? It's been four months .................... 
some
sunshine.
A. that we don't have B. that we haven't had
C. that we didn't have D. since we had

9. We .................... chocolate when we were children.
A. haven't been eating B. didn't eat C. haven't eaten

10. a: "Maya's in hospital."
b: 'Is she? Oh, I .................... her some flowers."
A. 'm sending B. 'll send C. 'm going to send


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to