On Mar 3, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Wesley Craig wrote:

> On 03 Mar 2009, at 14:24, Trek Glowacki wrote:
>> Ugh, I never though I'd say "as a certified librarian" but : as a
>> certified librarian I couldn't disagree more.
>
> I was going with the principle that "something is better than
> nothing".  And "perfect is the enemy of good".  But what do I know?
> I'm not certified as anything.
>
> :wes

Pft! Certifications are meaningless!

The question isn't "something vs nothing" though, it's "where to put
the something when the something is complete."

Something, Somewhere is clearly more valuable than Nothing, Nowhere.

Right now we have can assume that  the technical details of setting up
cosign exist (Something) otherwise these mythical "multiple
universities and businesses"  wouldn't have gotten through cosign's
build/install/configure process and couldn't be using it.

However, the knowledge of how they walked that path has such limited
availability (locked in the heads of those who did it) that it's
essentially Nowhere.

Unfortunately  Something, Nowhere is equally as valueless as Nothing,
Nowhere.

So, to a third party observer both versions of the Cosign Equation
evaluate to  "no value".    Not knowing the exact parameters of the
Equation he can only assume one of the two:

Nothing, Nowhere ("cosign technical expertise is in fact a myth.  The
project is a clever hoax")
Something, Nowhere ("cosign technical expertise exists it will not be
made generally available")

~ OR ~

One could say it's the "clever trickster or selfish prick" dilemma.

Since Bob has witness prosocial behavior from this group before
(they've helped him solve his build errors) he's rejected the "selfish
prick" hypothesis and has rightly settled on the "cleaver trickster"
hypothesis ("this product does NOT work.")

In the absence of Something, Somewhere and evidence that this group is
not "the selfish prick", it's safe to assume that cosign is, in fact,
an elaborate hoax.

Bravo gentlemen, Bravo!

-Trek