Dear Listers,

As a long term contributor to County Tyrone research, I wish to contribute to
the current topic of discussion.

Since 2010, acting entirely as a volunteer, I have transcribed in excess of 850
files of genealogical data relevant to County Tyrone; tithe applotment books
for all parishes within the county, assizes proceedings, bankruptcies, personal
notices from the press, births, deaths and marriages, church records, estate
records and rentals, famine and poor law records, headstones, trade directories
and a great deal more. I calculate to have expended 8,000 hours for the benefit
of Tyrone genealogical researchers. Additionally, the expense of hiring FHL
films from Salt Lake City exceeds $800 and let’s not overlook subscription
costs for well-known genealogical websites and useful periodicals.

All transcribed files were sent to Jim McKane with the clear understanding that
he owned the domain name cotyroneireland.com. I have been assured on occasions
that the valuable data I was transcribing was for cotyroneireland.com only and
would not be shared under any circumstances. My loyalty is to Jim McKane
(always professional and ready to give assistance), never Rootsweb. I retain
full copyright of my work and have not, do not and will not allow my work to be
shared on another domain.

Sincerely,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia