Hello Tom,

Here is a little further information that will be of benefit to you during tour
trip to Newtownstewart, Ardstraw parish, Co. Tyrone:

Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Parish of County Tyrone 1, 1821, 1823,
1831-36 (Vol. 5) (eds) Day & McWilliams (Institute of Irish Studies, The
Queen’s University of Belfast, (1990)
PARISH OF ARDSTRAW;
Memoir by John Fleming Tait & J. Hill Williams, January 1831 pp. 2-14
MILLS:
Ardstraw corn mill, in the townland of Milltown, , in good repair, erected in
1740, repaired in 1835, proprietor John Chambers, breast wheel 14 feet by 14
inches, diameter of cog wheel 7 feet, fall of water 8 feet, single geared,
wooden machinery; water supplied by the outlet of Lough Catherine, works only
three months in the year
(I recall in one of my previous items sent to you there being a reference to
John Chambers occupying an office in Newtownstewart).

I wish you an enjoyable foray in and around Newtownstewart and hope we can have
a report of your findings and perhaps some photos?
All good wishes,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia