French. That would be my guess.

Cheers

Ron McCoy

On 2019-01-14 2:45 p.m., Beverley Ballantine via CoTyroneList wrote:
Are these sayings, and lilting voices, of native Gaelic origin?  Or are they
Scottish?  I would like to know how a mid 19th century Tyrone Scots-Irish
person sounded like when first in America.  Thank you and great transcription
work.
Beverley Ballantine

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 14, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Rick Smoll via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com<mailto:cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com>>
wrote:

Love that "Paper never refuses ink …"     Very applicable today with revision:
"The internet never refuses a keystroke …"

Rick Smoll