On Monday 07 July 2003 03:01, Philipp Offermann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've a (quite expensive) signed web-server certificate.
> Is there any way to use this certificate also for smtp,
> pop3 and imap-connection for not getting any more
> warning?

In the /usr/lib/courier/share directory there are three
certificates in PEM format: emstpd.pem, imapd.pem and
pop3d.pem.  These are the certificates that courier uses
for those three services.  (They are generated
automatically if they don't exist.)  You need to replace
these with your own certificate so that courier will use
it. (If you have one certificate that you want to use for
all three then symlink those three files to your
certificate.)

You need two items in the your certificate file.  You need
your certificate in PEM format and you need your private
key.  Neither of these can be passphrase protected.  In my
case when I created my private key I did passphrase protect
it so I had to run it back through openssl to remove the
passphrase.  Then you can simply 'cat' your private key to
the end of your certificate file.  So the certificate file
looks like this:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

If you've got those two elements in there it should work.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Jansen