On Tuesday 08 July 2003 13:21, "Lars Holmström"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I took the imap.pem and Winscp'd it to my local Micro$oft
> box.
>
> IE says "the filetype is not recognisable. Select another
> file" about imap.cer that is a copy of the imap.pem.

Did you copy JUST the certificate or the whole file?  The
.pem file includes more than the certificate; it also
includes the private key and DH parameters.  You need to
copy just the certificate itself into a new file and use
that file.

A .pem generated by courier looks like this:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS-----
-----END DH PARAMETERS-----

So copy everything from "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" to
"-----END CERTIFICATE-----" (including those two lines) and
put them in a new file called cert.cer (or whatever you
want as long as it ends in ".cer") and then import that
into IE.  It should work.

Jeff Jansen