Ricardo Kleemann writes:

Hi Sam,

That's not correct.  DEFAULTDELIVERY is *not* the last
field in the custom  query.  Read the comments for the
detailed explanation:

# $(service) will expand out to the service being
authenticated: imap, imaps, # pop3 or pop3s.  Courier mail
server only: service will also expand out to # "courier",
when searching for local mail account's location.  In this
case, # if the "maildir" field is not empty it will be
used in place of # DEFAULTDELIVERY.  Courier mail server
will also use esmtp when doing # authenticated ESMTP.

You want the maildir field to contain something like:

IF(STRCMP('$(service)', 'courier') == 0, users.delivery,
'')

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The maildir field can be conditional like that? I'm confused, sorry! :-/

You are using a custom SELECT query. Any valid SQL, as long as it returns the requisite number of fields, may be used.