Hi Sam,

> I was not following this thread.  You'll need to summarize
> your actual  configuration, and what you expect to happen,
> which doesn't.

I'm trying to deliver to an external program via authmysql.
More specifically, do forwarding via authmysql. So basically
I would setup the MYSQL_DEFAULTDELIVERY field to perform
something like '|/usr/lib/courier/bin/sendmail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

However, not matter what I try, messages are always
delivered to the user's maildir, and the program (sendmail
above) configured in the MYSQL_DEFAULTDELIVERY does not
work.

At first I wasn't sure exactly which field in the mysql
table needed to have the delivery instruction specified, and
both you and Ben answered that it needed to be the
MYSQL_DEFAULTDELIVERY field. But I don't understand what I'm
doing wrong that is preventing this from working.

So my setup is as follows... I have a test account,
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]', in the mysql table. My authmysqlrc field
has this relevant configuration:

MYSQL_USER_TABLE        users
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD       id
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD        home
MYSQL_DEFAULTDELIVERY   delivery

The MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE uses the users table and returns the
approriate fields, as follows:
users.id,users.crypt,users.clear, \
users.mail_uid,users.gid,users.home,'',users.quota, \
'',users.delivery

For this test account, I have the following:

id='[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
home='/var/homes/321.net/te/test'
delivery='|/usr/local/courier/bin/sendmail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Currently inside /var/homes/321.net/te/test I have the
Maildir directory, and I have a .courier-default file which
has one blank character in it. However, I also tried testing
with no .courier-default file at all, and also with a blank
(0-byte) file.

I've tried different combinations, first setting the "home"
field to blank, but that causes failure in the auth daemon.
It seems to only work if the "home" field has a valid
directory in it.

But in all tests I've run, the ONLY thing that happens is
the message gets delivered to Maildir/new. Nothing else. No
forwarding is done, the delivery instruction which pipes to
sendmail is never executed.

So my problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to get
special delivery from within mysql working. :-(

Ricardo