Julian Mehnle wrote:
Chris Petersen [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

There is already an SPF module for pythonfilter.

Unfortunately, I had to disable it because so many web services out
there insist on sending things like invites and referrals "from" my
address rather than "from" them and "reply-to" to me.  SPF will only be
effective if people start using the From header correctly.

SPF isn't meant to be applied to message headers ("From:", "Sender:",
whatever), but to the envelope sender address that's specified by the
sender through the "MAIL FROM" command during the SMTP dialog.

Brainstorming here: so if there is an SPF record, you can verify the validity of the 'sending' server and accept or reject accordingly. If not, why not fall back on greylisting? (http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/index.html)

Dennis