Bowie Bailey writes:

From: Sam Varshavchik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bowie Bailey writes:

> I built courier-authlib like this:
> > rpmbuild -tb --define 'xflags --with-mailuser=mailuser
> --with-mailgroup=mailuser' courier-authlib-0.56.tar.bz2
> > This process works fine with courier, but when I do this with authlib,
> it ignores my user/group settings and installs everything as
> daemon:daemon.
> > 'configure --help' indicates that these are valid options for authlib.
> What am I missing?

courier-authlib's specfile does not use xflags.  Extract it from the
tarball manually, and edit it.

Ok, not being familiar with specfiles, what do I need to do to it?

Based on the courier specfile, it looks like I could just add this line to
enable xflags:

%configure %{?xflags: %{xflags}}

Will this work, or do I need to do something else?

This should be sufficient.

And is there an easier way to specify configure options during an rpmbuild?

This is completely controlled by the specfile. You can only do what the individual specfile provides for.