Bowie Bailey writes:

From: Bowie Bailey

From: Sam Varshavchik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Bowie Bailey writes: > > > I built courier-authlib like this: > > > > rpmbuild -tb --define 'xflags --with-mailuser=mailuser
> > --with-mailgroup=mailuser' courier-authlib-0.56.tar.bz2
> > it ignores my user/group settings and installs everything as
> > daemon:daemon.
> > What am I missing?
> > courier-authlib's specfile does not use xflags. Extract it from the
> tarball manually, and edit it.

Ok, not being familiar with specfiles, what do I need to do to it?

Based on the courier specfile, it looks like I could just add this line to
enable xflags:

%configure %{?xflags: %{xflags}}

Will this work, or do I need to do something else?

And is there an easier way to specify configure options during an
rpmbuild?

Sorry to reply to myself, but I have one other question.

Once I get the authlib rpms built with the correct options, do I need to
rebuild the Courier-0.56 rpms as well?

Yes -- in this specific case, where you're changing the userid and groupid, the Courier RPMs must also be rebuilt. You will also need to do a clean install. Do not do a straightforward upgrade. Remove the old packages, and manually clean up all the leftovers -- you'll still have leftover changed configuration files in the etc directory, and stuff in the mail spool directory. Since the userid/groupid has changed you will need to remove everything, and do a clean install.