Quoting Jay Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Lisa Muir wrote:
>> Noticed that sending messages was quite slow, status would say
>> "connecting" and then after a time lag would send in zippy time.

I just went through this with this on only on of my almost identically
configured, courier servers.

I even tied -nodnslookup without success.

You might try setting:

BLACKLISTS=""

in your esmtpd file, restart courier and see how log a telnet to port
25 takes.

This probably isn't your problem but if you are as desperate as I was,
it is probably worth a try.

You can then add the BLACKLISTS back in one by one to see where the
problem was.

BTW, I had all BLACKLISTS the same on all of my courier servers and
only had the problem with one of the roughly 10 ISP's that provide us
with internet.

Good luck,

ed