In data mercoledì 28 settembre 2011 12:55:47, Sam Varshavchik ha scritto:
> > Ok, I assume however I can use plain text password over SSL/TLS, right?
>
> Yes, but that's a separate configuration issue. Whether you're going to
> allow non-encrypted IMAP, POP3, or HTTP connections is separate from
> whether or not passwords are kept encrypted or in plain text.

I mean: ok I can't have hash-based auth, If I want to store encrypted
passwrods I'm forced to plain text. That has only one downside AFAIK, i.e. the
password goes on air in plain text, but I can solve this problem by using
SSL/TLS.

> > Does that mean, assuming a sql backend, that, once a new account has been
> > added in the users table, someone has to manually issue the maildirmake
> > command in a shell?
>
> Only if the process that adds a new user doesn't do that itself.
>
> Since you already have a process that creates a new user entry, I would
> expect it to complete the job and set up the account as well. Why would it
> stop without the job being completely done, and force you to do it
> manually?

Because I imagine the equivalent of my current Postfix+MySQL setups, where you
can add an account by simply adding a row in the MySQL table (phpmyadmin),
then Postfix creates the base maildir for that account on the first message
received.