On 19.08.13 21:09, Nick Ellson wrote:
>I seem to have found my final mail issues when I saw my mail queue had over
>900 megs of mail backed up that looks like I was an open relay.

can you provide headers of any such message?

>The local network is easy, that is what the smtpaccess/default file is for.
>10.0.0  allow,RELAYCLIENT

this might cause troubles if any of your hosts on the 10.0.0.0/8 network
gets compromised, or configures port forwarding to your port 25.

>But if I want to insure that no one else can send mail through me, except
>for my authenticated iPhone client, what setting am I looking for? It
>almost seemed that I just leave the esmtpd on port 25 as is, with no
>relaying, and start the smtpd-ssl daemon as auth required and get my iPhone
>to use that? or can I stay with the one esmtpd?

I recommend only allowing authenticated clients to do the relaying.
I further recommend configuring port different than 25 to use for mail
submission. 587 was reserved for this use and microsoft clients were using
port 465 with implicit SSL.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.