Hello Matus, and thank you.

1. Yes, I can provide quite a few as a buddy's answer to quieting my system
down so we can look at what happened was to rename /var/lib/courier/msgq /
msgs and tmp adding the .foo extension...

gubbie /var/lib/courier/msgq.foo # ls
137108  137143  137178  137213  137248  137283  137321  137389  137424
137459  137494  137529  137564  137599  137634  137670
137109  137144  137179

<snip> OK, maybe this is better ;-)

gubbie /var/lib/courier/msgq.foo # ls -l | wc -l
552

and thus:

gubbie /var/lib/courier/msgq.foo/137108 # ls -l | wc -l
4825

So roughly 550 times 4,500 messages each?

gubbie /var/lib/courier/msgq.foo/137108 # cat C1487564.1371088460
sgr...@nickellson.com
fdns; habmpq ([181.66.48.149])
M000000000016B2CC.51B92649.00001CA1
rewheele...@yahoo.com
rkannankanna...@yahoo.com
rrussellbow...@yahoo.com
igr...@nickellson.com
uauthsmtp
E1371693256
p1371117256
W1371102856
A1371088460

And what's in msgs.foo/0  well, still waiting for the "ls-l | wc -l" to
come back...

I am not sure that is wht you need, it isn't a full SMTP header that I am
familiar with, more like the ehlo conversation? So I suspect you need a
sample from the msgs.foo bucket.. (Alas that is still taking a while, but I
will get one to this list)

For now. I will remove all the relay IP's from smtpaccess. Both the
127.0.0.1 (in the event I may have some process I am unaware of or a port
forward attached) and the 10 net, in the event a local host in compromised.
Now from my logs, when I open my firewall back up I see most SMTP
connections from the outside.

Then how do I best approach the mail submission path. If I have the esmtpd
process on port 25 for my inbound, which one is recommended for the
submission process on a port of my choosing? (since I am the only client,
with a handful of Gentoo servers and a few iPhones as mail clients that I
control, it could be anything)

Nick
(BTW, that LS still is not done... <cringe>)