On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 20:30 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> All that can be elicited from this is that Courier sent a packet to the
> other server. That's about the right size for one of several packets that
> get exchanged between the client and server, to negotiate the connection.
> The response was seven bytes from that mail server; which is consistent with
> the server returning an error packet.
>
> There could be something in that server's logs that might provide a clue.
> Can't really tell anything more than that.

Yet a client sending mail to mx.nv.net from a system running OpenSSL
0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 has no problem connecting and completing an
ESMTP session with STARTTLS.  The other client box doesn't have
couriertls on it so I can't try to pull the information on the cert from
there, unless there's another tool with which to do this.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "UNIX is user-friendly, it just
FMP Computer Services |       chooses its friends."