Idézem/Quoting Sam Varshavchik <mr...@courier-mta.com>:

> SZÉPE Viktor writes:
>

>> 2) Is it possible for Courier to skip DNS lookups for "localhost"?
>>
>> I wonder why Courier is not using gethostbyname().
>> /etc/hosts contains:
>> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> gethostbyname/gethostbyaddr can only look up A addresses. Courier
> needs MX records, and so needs to use its own resolver; and with its
> own DNS resolver code already in place, it makes no sense to use
> different resolvers.
>
> There are several options in the esmtpd config file that control DNS
> lookups on incoming connections:
>
> BOFHCHECKDNS; and TCPDOPTS passes through the options to
> couriertcpd, such as -nodnslookup.

Thank you for your support!

-nodnslookup is the solution for satellite type server which delivery
messages through one smarthost.

What should I do on normal (tcp/25,587,465 are open to the internet)
mail server where DNS lookup is necessary? Is there a way to exclude
localhost from DNS lookup on the initial (pre-EHLO) connection?

SZÉPE Viktor
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
+36-20-4242498  s...@szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor