I don;t think it's a tall order. It's a vital needed service, IMHO.

I was wondering when this would come up in Coworkign circles. I've
been talking with some other independent entreprenuers about the
prospect of creating a cooperative-governed Health Care Union for
people in the US. I have some research on  existing Health care Union
models. It was on my ToDo list to create launch a wiki site to explore
this some more, too.

Coworking as movement in the US maybe does not yet have the numbers to
create a Health Care Union. But then again, maybe the idea would take
off and grow exponentially among people interested. It's worth
exploring.

It's probably generally optimal to have a Cooperative-based health
care union be local or regional based. But I wonder if, in this day
and age of virtual connection, whether it can also be network-based,
local to a network of people?

It would be awesome to have a system that a network of people could
easily adopt for starting up their own health care union, and maybe
aligning it/connecting it with a federation of health care unions for
coworking indepenedents.

Either way, I'll be researching this at
http://socialsynergyweb.net/cgi-bin/wiki/HealthCareUnion/FrontPage

But, if Coworking folks are also interested in this, I'll be sure to
also create it simultaneously into the Coworking wiki, too.