Tara,

We at PariSoMa had a small coworker party about a month ago. I knew
pretty much every one there, except there was one tall, balding guy
kind of lurking around that no one knew. He introduced himself as Ryan
and said he was interested in renting a desk from us. I asked him how
he knew about the very small gathering and he just kind of mumbled
something incomprehensible about a website. For the next hour and a
half, he hung around our office and kind of creeped about and made
everyone uncomfortable. When the party was over, a handful of us went
to dinner and of course someone invited Ryan. Throughout dinner, his
erratic behavior really weirded us out. He got up about 3 or 4 times
to use the bathroom announcing loudly "I GOTTA PEE", disappearing for
10 minutes at a time. He knocked over his glass of water and then
pushed the water onto the floor. After I'd finished my meal there were
still some scraps left (mostly chicken bones and a pile of greasy
rice) and he asked my boyfriend if I was going to finish my plate. He
then ate the tiny bits of chicken left on the bones and scarfed all
the rice. We all pretty much sat there WTFing the whole time. The next
day, I told everyone in the office that if a guy named Ryan came by
looking to rent a space, to politely tell him no. I felt bad because
he seemed kind of lonely and lost, but he obviously has problems and
made everyone really uncomfortable. He must be hitting up all the
coworking spaces in SF. I wonder if anyone else has had any
experiences with him.

Anyway, wow. I will definitely be on the lookout.

Melanie Berlin
PariSoMa