We didn't post any rules, either...until they were needed. I would advise
putting up something because the dude who violated them told me he was
entitled to abuse the space 'cause nobody had told him differently. But we
made our rules kind of fun instead of demanding.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Matthew Wettergreen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Brian,
>
> We don't have any posted rules at Caroline Collective. When people ask
> how the space works, we explain that it is a work environment with the
> expected noise from social interaction. We also point to several rooms
> where conference calls can be taken without disturbing work. Common
> courtesy is mostly self-enforced.
>
> Matthew
> Caroline Collective
> carolinecollective.cc
>

> On Oct 7, 2:30 pm, BrianR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > After doing a basic search on the keyword "rules" on the list I
> > figured I'd ask this question. Hope I'm not rehashing something.
> >
> > What kind of posted community rules do you have at your coworking
> > space? If any?
> >
> > I'm in the process of developing some and could use your kind advice.
> > Its probably important to note that my coworking space is a for-profit
> > business.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -BrianR
> >
> > carrborocoworking.com

tara 'missrogue' hunt

Book: The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your
Business (
http://www.amazon.com/Whuffie-Factor-Capital-Winning-Communities/dp/0307409503?ie=UTF8
)
Company: Citizen Agency (http://www.citizenagency.com)