One thing I would love to 'regulate' is that coworking does not have a
hyphen. ;) Just a joke, but I do try to correct ppl when possible -
especially reporters. Not that I'm the queen of naming or anything. It's
just consistent. :)

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Dawn Hayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I didn't have any exclusive vision on geographic locations, keeping in mind
> that this list is global and I'd love to be able to dialog and interact more
> with those outside of U.S. borders. Cross-border interaction is key to
> anything fostering collaboration (in my opinion) and by cross-border I mean
> it in the widest sense: from Philly to Seattle, Rochester to East London or
> Miami to Goa (India).
>
> If the usual suspects are the first to show up, great. If others get
> involved from the start, even better. There's always got to be a place to
> begin with, no? In fact, it seems that there are a few regular voices on
> this list and some of their thoughts have clearly drawn in others to connect
> that might usually stick to quiet observation (that's usually me, really!).
>
> I believe Co-working is shaped by the vision and efforts of its actors at
> large and will maintain that as I develop initiatives directly in line with
> it or at least parallel to it. With that said, I am less interested in
> fussing over titles, catch-phrases and whether something is actually
> "Co-working" or not. I'm much more interested in the results of folks
> working together (or not) to benefit their communities, whether it is simply
> providing a good space to work from or a bit more.

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:12 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I'm with Tony, Alex and Tara (nothing new there) on the first reaction
>> to Karen's post, starfish please. The parallel services approach seems
>> interesting though and Karen's precisions do seem more in line with my
>> thinking than the original understanding I had.
>>
>> As for the potential non profit and the salon, I'd like to remind
>> everyone that although people from spaces in the US are VASTLY more
>> numerous and active here, this is still an international movement and
>> non profits based in the US and salons held there are either
>> (depending on structure) not useful (different laws/requirements and
>> such) for others and wayyy more expensive to get to. The salon idea is
>> interesting but will gather largely the same few people who are
>> already traveling a lot and can match their travels with meetings or
>> travel on points or whatever. I don't mind per se, I'll use the stream
>> and keep an eye on northeast action in case I can make it but I just
>> thought I'd throw it in there to keep in the back of your mind ;).
>>
>> In the same vein, I'd encourage international coworking spaces to pipe
>> up more often on the list, I know for those on different timezones on
>> other continents it might feel like the discussion is over and
>> everything's been said by the time you get to the messages but please,
>> throw in your opinions and "votes" more often.
>>

>> Patrick
>> station-c.com
>>

> --
>

> "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but we are
> [...]

tara 'missrogue' hunt

Book: The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your
Business (
http://www.amazon.com/Whuffie-Factor-Capital-Winning-Communities/dp/0307409503?ie=UTF8
)
Company: Citizen Agency (http://www.citizenagency.com)