Nice idea! So, the idea is to travel and meet face to face in these salons?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Dawn C. Hayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Some colleagues on this list and I met to think about this approach.
> As I skimmed some of the responses to your post, I think an open
> approach is to borrow a bit from the established lines of thinking as
> well as innovative, novel perspectives. Rather than debating over
> corporation types (non-profit vs. for profit) or whether a single
> approach does or does not seem viable, I am interested in focusing on
> building a business or venture model that facilitates our work openly
> and collaboratively. In other words the model dictates the
> incorporation type (would love to be in Vermont right now).
>
> As part of that model, I am personally seeking to explore, document
> and implement ways to connect early pipeline innovators and
> entrepreneurs to the greater wealth of resources often and primarily
> available to VC targets and incubators.
>
> We have a ton of like-minded, yet diverse folks that are connected by
> many facets of Co-working. How about we begin to translate our online
> discussions into a rotating offline salon between all of the spaces
> currently operating? We can stream gatherings online to afford full,
> active participation when we can't make it to a designated venue. One
> month we're in San Francisco and another we are in Philly.
>
> We can start by learning who is in the room and how we can help each
> other. I think it starts as simply as that, provided we can agree to
> come in with an understanding that the goal is not to influence anyone
> to do things one way, but to resource build through discussion and
> collaborative interaction where it makes sense (and please let that be
> by a broad definition of what makes sense).
>
> I am happy to meet with folks to explore further (of course we will
> document online to keep things democratic).
>
> Anyone want to Skype in and gather in person next week? I am in NYC
> and can secure a venue if one isn't suggested first.
>
> Cheers,

> Forgive any typos-- shopping and typing presents challenges.
> -- dawn
> im:
> realrainmaker
>
> skype: unitedcommunityventurepartners
> --
>
> ...sent from my iPod Touch via wifi ;- )
>
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 6:52 AM, Karen Origlio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Over the past few weeks I've met/emailed several group members to
> > discuss the idea of creating a non-profit organization to support
> > coworking space owners and members.
> >
> > The idea is to have an organization whose mission is to help spaces
> > start and sustain themselves, and link them together. Imagine a
> > knowledge base of information and resources for a space catalyst, or
> > collaborating with members in other locations via video conferencing
> > or finding the specific expertise you need for your latest project
> > through a member directory... Coworking will be an industry, not just
> > a movement.

> [...]

tara 'missrogue' hunt

Book: The Whuffie Factor: Using the Power of Social Networks to Build Your
Business (
http://www.amazon.com/Whuffie-Factor-Capital-Winning-Communities/dp/0307409503?ie=UTF8
)
Company: Citizen Agency (http://www.citizenagency.com)