Some colleagues on this list and I met to think about this approach.
As I skimmed some of the responses to your post, I think an open
approach is to borrow a bit from the established lines of thinking as
well as innovative, novel perspectives. Rather than debating over
corporation types (non-profit vs. for profit) or whether a single
approach does or does not seem viable, I am interested in focusing on
building a business or venture model that facilitates our work openly
and collaboratively. In other words the model dictates the
incorporation type (would love to be in Vermont right now).

As part of that model, I am personally seeking to explore, document
and implement ways to connect early pipeline innovators and
entrepreneurs to the greater wealth of resources often and primarily
available to VC targets and incubators.

We have a ton of like-minded, yet diverse folks that are connected by
many facets of Co-working. How about we begin to translate our online
discussions into a rotating offline salon between all of the spaces
currently operating? We can stream gatherings online to afford full,
active participation when we can't make it to a designated venue. One
month we're in San Francisco and another we are in Philly.

We can start by learning who is in the room and how we can help each
other. I think it starts as simply as that, provided we can agree to
come in with an understanding that the goal is not to influence anyone
to do things one way, but to resource build through discussion and
collaborative interaction where it makes sense (and please let that be
by a broad definition of what makes sense).

I am happy to meet with folks to explore further (of course we will
document online to keep things democratic).

Anyone want to Skype in and gather in person next week? I am in NYC
and can secure a venue if one isn't suggested first.

Cheers,

Forgive any typos-- shopping and typing presents challenges.
-- dawn
im:
realrainmaker

skype: unitedcommunityventurepartners
--

...sent from my iPod Touch via wifi ;- )