Perhaps as a corporate structure, you are looking for the LLLC.

Or the L3C -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L3C

It gives the chance to do projects, be flexible, and yet still take funds
from foundations.

Another possibility is to look at this discussion as the beginnings of the
"Coworking Trade Association", IE, the collection of all entities who are
engaged in and who want to perpetuate and support and enhance coworking.
That Trade Association type this is one of the different 501cX types, I
forget if it is a 501c4 or a 501c6

In any case, realatively easy to set up, the only limitation is on writing
off donations. If you don't care about that, then the cost of forming the
entity goes way down.

L3C's are new enough that they are not in every state.

John Sechrest          .
Corvallis Benton        .
   Chamber Coalition      .
      420 NW 2nd                   .