I think there will probably be problems in writing whatever text the
badges are linked to and I'm worried about the enforcement of it. I
guess if the badge is properly designed and the text properly written
no one who doesn't agree will use it but it also doesn't prevent
anyone from using the word and not the badge.

That said, I tend to think that the benefits of a simple badge and
statement are good enough. The "erroneous" use of the word is pretty
much completely an annoyance, nothing more, there isn't really
anything bad coming out of it. Sure we could go further but the
licence/badge/statement covers enough ground, doing more starts
getting harder quickly for not that much more return.

In short; best idea yet. In terms of next steps, this would be a good
choice. We can see after that if something more is needed.

Patrick
station-c.com