As part of our coworking research, we've developed a draft list of US
coworking facilities.  The list (Excel file) can be found at:
http://db.tt/jNpKyiV

As of the end of August, we had found 224 office-based coworking
facilities in the US.  We also found 28 shared hacker/maker spaces
that met our coworking criteria.

We included a facility if: (1) the facility self-identifies as
providing coworking space or equivalent; (2) it offers a range of
membership options (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) consistent with
traditional coworking spaces (does not need to provide all); (3) it
offers some form of community space and/or activities (this is
subjective based on our assessment); (4) coworking appears to be a
important part of the facility offering (subjective);  (5) the
facility is active; (6) the facility caters, at least in part, to
those using the space for work-related purposes.

As I mentioned in a prior post, this task proved harder - and more
subjective - than we expected.  Although this estimate meets our
research needs, the list is likely not complete and there may be
disagreements with facilities we included or excluded.

We would welcome any and all feedback and in particular we are looking
for facilities we may have missed.  My email is
sk...@emergentresearch.com or just post here.

The list is not copyrighted.  Please keep in mind it is a draft.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve