I volunteered in an incubator for 5 months and job creation was always
on the goal list and those jobs had to pay more than $70,000 to be
counted in their metrics. Lots of people live quite comfortably on far
less than $70,000 a year and the median wage range in my town is
$45,000 so I'm not sure where the $70K is determined??? What this
metric failed to see what that the companies weren't hiring new
employees--they were contracting out to 1099ers...the very contractors
who set up shop in coworking spaces.

So, that all aside--we've seen ZERO "job creation" at Cohere but what
we have seen is this
1 person was laid off from a company and immediately joined Cohere.
She launched her online content management strategy business in 6
weeks because she had access to everyone she needed to do this at
Cohere
1 person is intentionally leaving her steady paycheck job to start her
own event management company and she has reserved a place at Cohere 3
months in advance b/c she has seen her friends benefit from coworking
here
3 members have abandoned traditional job search in lieu of starting
their own businesses--they admit that they never would have made that
choice had it not been for coworking
4 employees who work remotely for Canonical (in New Zealand) cowork at
Cohere to re-socialize themselves
3 members cowork only at night after they complete their day jobs at
traditional companies. They are doing this to build up freelance
businesses of their own
5 members have sub contracted work out to one another
8 members report making more money since joining

Now THOSE are some metrics worth measuring.