???

Like I said on Twitter, CS was never intended to be a business...only a
community service. To keep it running, we'd have to make it into a
'business'. I already run one of those. ;) Besides, with the 6 or 7 other
spaces providing the service (and business) in the city, it's not a good
idea.

Please don't take us shutting down as:

1. a failure
2. a pity
3. any other sign of anything negative

It was a decision. And we are happy with that decision.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Jerome Chang <jer...@blankspaces.com>wrote:

> Wow, first C'nC and now CS.  I guess this emphasizes the importance of a
> strong transition plan early on.
>

> Jerome
>  ______________
> BLANKSPACES
> "work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"
>
> www.blankspaces.com
> 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)
> Los Angeles, CA 90036
> 323.330.9505 (office)
>
> On Feb 11, 2011, at 1:06 PM, Tara Hunt wrote:
>
> Thank you everyone. It wasn't the easiest of decisions, but it feels right.
> The community is being served well and I welcome any other coworking space
> in SF to come forward and make an appeal to our current members (or take
> over the space!).
>
> I'm still so proud of what has happened over the past 5 years. This is one
> helluva great group of people doing great things beyond providing a space.
> At the end of the day, it's not about the space, it's about the community
> and serving a need.

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Alex Hillman <
> dangerouslyawes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I imagine this is a great example of knowing when to stop being almost as
>> important, if not more important, as knowing when to start.
>>
>> My life today would be remarkably different if it weren't for Chris, Tara,
>> & Citizen Space.
>>
>> I've got a lot of mixed emotions about this, but completely agree with the
>> reasons for this and find the closing of this chapter an important preclude
>> to many other chapters.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>> /ah
>> indyhall.org
>> coworking in philadelphia
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Tara Hunt <horsepig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Mark your calendars for late March as we are going to have the biggest
>>> closing party you've ever witnessed.
>>>

>>> http://www.horsepigcow.com/2011/02/citizen-space-end-of-one-era-beginning-of-the-next/
>>>
>>> --
>>> tara 'missrogue' hunt