I'm not super familiar with the backstory behind SoCoDepot (or bzhive) other
than the info on the wiki. I can say that having lived in Sonoma County, I
would guess that the correct implementation of a coworking group has
enormous potential.

Walk into the back room at Aroma Roasters in Santa Rosa any day and you can
see several people pecking away at laptops (and not Facebook). There are a
some solid communities in user groups and other community groups that would
be great to reach out to. As awesome as Sonic.net is for internet service,
they don't reach out to the boonies of west county, and those folks could be
prime candidates for being a part of a coworking community. Santa Rosa JC
has 30,000 students per year last time I heard, and many of these people
stay and work and open small businesses in the area.

All this tells a great story of potential. Hit me up if you want to
circulate some info, I still have friends and contacts in the area and I'd
be happy to pass along word of meetups/jellies to some web developer types.
I'm super excited for you!

Shenoa