I loved this, was worth the struggle to hear :) One thing you might think about
tweaking is to invite people to also believe in coworking, rather than tell
them to.

"You buy the jelly beans, I'll eat them."

This is one of the best illustrations of how people misunderstand collaboration
& cooperation I've ever heard. I'll be stealing it, with attribution.

"Being a part of it."

One of our members at Indy Hall (he's only been there for 4 months or so) has
started using similar language to describe our community to others. He
specifically says, "you can be a part of it." It was amazing to hear him say
that out loud the first time.

Similarly, there's something really powerful with painting a vivid picture of a
belief. To lift a line from Simon Sinek, "Martin Luther King didn't give a
famous speech where he said 'I have a plan', he gave a famous speech where he
said 'I have a dream'". It's a powerful way to gather momentum for member
growth, so long as the thing you believe in is something that they believe in,
too.

On the sponsors & donors side, you will likely need you to get more concrete
with what they're "being a part of" as a sponsor. Better yet, you may want to
marry their sponsorship dollars with some more active form of participation,
since that's what your community really values.

--
/ah
indyhall.org