> The problem I experienced with any community where I live is that everyone
> subscribes to dreams, but when something has to be done, it takes a huge lot
> of effort and energy to make people realize that they need to participate,
> otherwise it's just leeching. Is that problem addressed in those community
> building resources?
>
> Does the picture serve to communicate the added value of coworking to people?

"Subscribes to dreams" is the problem. In the masterclass, we look at this as
"passive agreement" which is easy to get and as you point out, doesn't really
turn into action very easily. People will tell you, "oh, yes! that's a great
idea.", but they don't include themselves in it from the beginning. That kind
of agreement isn't useful, and burns people trying to grow from a "group" into
a community.

The source of the dream is usually the problem. In this case, it's your dream
that they're subscribed to, not their dream that you're reminding them that
they have.

Martin Luther King didn't convince people to have his dream. He reminded them
of theirs.

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia