Justin's points (!!!) about going "bespoke" are important, but I think need a
bit of clarity:

1) As has already been said before, choose pricing that is based on YOUR
members' participation levels, and be prepared to adjust as you learn them
better over time.
2) Choose pricing that can be combined for what would otherwise become a
"bespoke" request. For a concrete example of this:

We often get requests for two people to split a full time membership since "the
two of them will rarely be there at the same time".

Rather than create a special "sharing" plan, we combine our existing rates to
ensure that everybody sharing the desk has a membership. So in this example, it
would be:

1 x full time membership
1 x basic membership
$15 extra per day (our member additional day rate) for the 2nd person any time
both of them were at Indy Hall at the same time.

This kind of "combo" is what keeps our menu of options from getting too long,
keeps participation the primary thing that they're paying for (instead of
thinking about it as renting a desk which could just be split in half).

We've only ever once added a new membership and it was in the name of
efficiency. Our book keeper noticed that we had a growing number of basic
members who were coming in 5-6 times a month. To cut down on transactions that
we needed to enter (and payments that they needed to make), we created a new
membership between our basic ($25) and lite ($175) for those members. There was
no cost savings, just time-savings in record keeping for both parties. $100
($25 + $15*5) = 6 days, which we dubbed the "six pack."

The nice thing about this model as opposed to a punch card is that it's
recurring. Even if a 6-day punch card was $100, you'd be banking on them buying
a second one in a month. They can always cancel/downgrade with a subscription
too, but it's much much much less often than you'd think. :)

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia
building a community? http://masterclass.indyhall.org