Ding ding ding!  This is a very important point Tom!  Thank you for
injecting it into the conversation.  Often there is an over idealistic view
of what efficiency brings which is funny because humans aren't very
efficient as a species to begin with.  But that's a whole conversation in
and of itself.

As for systems and flow, we use
Nadine<https://github.com/nadineproject/nadine>to keep track of our
members.  It only works for current members though I
bet we could work on that.  It has a list of tasks we need to complete for
each member when they sign up, and when they leave and we build our flow
around this.  All it does is auto-populate the "to do" list when anyone
signs up.  Then, as a team, we work through the list together.  This is
facilitated by a weekly team meeting where we go over new members, exiting
members, and billing issues.  This way we can discuss each member more in
depth and interject little things we've learned about them.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500