Lars,

The folks at DeskMag continually do great work in this area, but it is
survey-based and on a global scale. See 2nd Annual Global Coworking
Survey<http://www.deskmag.com/en/the-birth-of-coworking-spaces-global-survey-176>
)
If you are looking for specific numbers to quote or or effects in a region,
that is an entirely different story--for the past 8 or so months I have
been trying to cobble together some quantitative data on this subject in my
region but as you can't really measure "innovation" in units, any sort of
real empirical study is incredibly difficult.

The best thing that I can say is look at the products on accelerators and
incubator programmes, especially ones that utilise a coworking style
environment for housing their participants. Though it is not a
direct parallel there are definitely relationships and ideas that can be
credited as coming directly from having a quantity of driven people in
working in close proximity.

DAniel
[founder] LakeworkSpaces
cleveland, ohio