Firstly thanks for the reply Jerome,

the answer to your question is "all of the above to be honest".

say for example, Foosball, what it represents to me is an informal activity
or space within cluster of formal spaces. right.

raw finishes, high ceiling are just a part of the whole picture...

in my understanding of co-working there are certain elements which are of
utmost importance, "fun, community, office, creativity"
now do these aspects also need to be represented say in our layouts,
furniture design, finishes etc.

the big question, basically is there a universal language or design or
layouts which can be followed in these spaces ?

if possible add people from from your field if you can,or people who work
there, or designers, would just get a different perspective.

Thank you Jerome