Oh wow, your fees are way too high. Kill that contract!

"Standard" fees are closer to 2.9% + 25-30 cents per transaction. Even when you
factor in all of the tools to work with a decent processor like Stripe or
Braintree, the max you're gonna pay is 5%ish. Even PayPal (which sucks for lots
of other reasons and I would not recommend using) is 2.9%.

The biggest additional benefit to using Stripe is that your account is
portable. It also manages recurring subscriptions and, when you get a bit
bigger, plug into awesome business analytics tools like Baremetrics.io and
FirstOfficer.io that are built JUST for stripe.

For actually managing memberships and subscriptions, do some googling around
for "stripe membership subscriptions" and see which option fits your needs. You
can get things that are "out of the box" like Memberful, or things that are
super duper customizable like GravityForms for Wordpress + the 3rd party
Gravity Forms stripe plugin (that's what we do. It's not perfect but it gives
us the control we wanted).

Do some homework before choosing again, but you're DEFINITELY overpaying now!

-Alex

The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://listen.coworkingweekly.com

On Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Jensen Yancey <jensen.yan...@gmail.com>,